Cross-docking is defined as unloading materials from an incoming semi-trailer truck and loading these materials directly onto outbound trucks, with little or no storage in between.
Special Service not only offers use of its larger facilities for cross-docking for this direct transfer and immediate out-loading of freight, but also for situations where some handling and/or short period of storage may be required for non-HAZMAT cargo before delivery e.g.
1) The receiving location is backed up and cannot immediately take product;
2) Where a trucker has been delayed inbound, and cannot make the final mile delivery because the consignee is closed for receiving, and or where schedules have changed;
3) Where you may need to change the type of vehicle for last mile delivery, due to receiving limitations at the consignee;
4) Where the freight needs to be reconsigned from original destination, and may need re-sorting and re-labelling before routing onto new destination;
5) Where the inbound freight needs to be ‘married up’ and consolidated with other shipments prior to final delivery, or the reverse;
6) Where freight needs to be bought into a central location and then sorted for delivery to a variety of destinations.
Subject to space availability, the following locations do offer this service on a regular basis, and can also open up facilities out of hours to accommodate compromised delivery situations:
|Atlanta, GA||430 Plaza Drive, College Park, GA firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Asheville, NC||44 Buck Shoals Rd, Ste H-8, Arden, NC email@example.com|
|Charlotte, NC||3100 Yorkmont Road, Charlotte, NC firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Greensboro, NC||600 Pegg Rd, Stes 111/113, High Point, NC email@example.com|
|Greenville, SC||103 Fortis Drive, Duncan, SC firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Orlando, FL||1273 Central Florida Pkwy, Ste 14, Orlando, FL email@example.com|
|Miami, FL||8272 NW 21st St, Doral, FL firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wilmington, NC||326 Hermitage Rd, Castle Hayne, NC email@example.com|